This week E and I got into the kitchen to make some tasty apple snacks! E loves to help me in the kitchen, so I love when we can make snacks that I don’t involve cooking, and neither of these do!
First we made Squirmy Wormy Apples!
You will need:
- An Apple
- Peanut Butter
- Gummy Worms (veto your kids and skip the neon sour worms!)
Directions: Pierce an apple with a straw or a skewer (we used a blunt chopstick). Cut the apple in half and dig out the seeds and core.
Fill in the center of the apple with the peanut butter. Add a gummy worm and put the two halves back together. How simple is that?!
We made this snack, too. It is a variation on these Apple Cartwheels that I found.
I would have loved to try this version, but I didn’t have all of the ingredients, so I used what I had, which was….
- An Apple
- Peanut Butter
- Walnuts
- A Hershey Kiss (yes, one lonely Hershey Kiss from the depths of my pantry)
Directions: Core the apple and cut it into discs. Spoon peanut butter into the core opening. Using a cheese grater, grate the Hershey kiss over the apple. Sprinkle with some walnut pieces.
This was seriously good. I have no doubt that I will make this again, and it was SUPER easy. E and I both enjoyed our snacks, so let us know if you make them too!
sounds wonderful! we take sliced apples and dip in pb!!
ReplyDeleteOK, that looks yummy!
ReplyDeleteI had never had apples and peanut butter, but it was very tasty! We will be having it again!
ReplyDeleteIt was yummy! I found myself scrounging for another Hershey Kiss to make another, but alas, there wasn't one! It was a very tasty treat!
ReplyDeleteThat looks great! My girls love apples and gummy worms so this is a win!
ReplyDeleteVicky @ www.messforless.net