This unit has been expanded. So, make sure and check out the additional printables here.
We are so excited to share our very first unit with you! We hope by providing these materials to you free of charge, it will make your life easier!
Lesson Plan: The lesson plan includes all the lessons for the week, as well as optional ideas. Items following the lesson plan are just the printables or links to websites we used to teach these plans. Items listed under Extras are printables you can use in addition to our weekly plans.
Memory Verse: This memory card is for daily use during our calendar time. You can learn more about calendar time at 1+1+1=1 or Homeschool Creations. Our weekly devotional is an object lesson that will help your child apply the meaning of the verse to them.
Day 1:
B is for Body- Below is everything you’ll need to create the collage.
Create a "My Body” Book- We found two options for you, so pick your flavor. First choice from DLTK’s Growing Together, just print, color and staple. Second choice from I Can Teach My Child requires more work, but would be more fun to read over and over.
Day 2:
Shape Person- This is a great activity to reinforce shapes and color.
Sesame St. "Body" Playlist- You will find 6 playlists to choose from on this website. Each playlist comes with short clips and interactive activities.
Day 3:
Memory- Images that begin with B. (Not all images are seen in picture below.)
Pattern of 2- Lay a pattern out in front of your child for them to copy it. If this seems easy, create your own patterns and have them fill in a missing part (ie: AABB_ABB) or extended the pattern already started (ie: AABBAAB_ _ _).
Sing Songs- My Delicious Ambiguity has compiled a variety of songs and finger plays from around the web that you can download and use with your toddler or preschooler.
Extras:
Mr. Potato Head- You can use this to talk about the different parts of the body with your tot, and where they go.
We hope you enjoy these lesson plans and please let us know if you have any issues with downloading or using the items provided.
![]()
| Questions? Post questions or comments on our Facebook Page. You may have the same question as someone else. If you don’t have a Facebook account, feel free to email us. |
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE ypur site!!! Thanks for sharing all these wonderful ideas!!!
ReplyDeleteYou.Guys.Are.Awesome!!! I tried to do Tot School with my little girl before, but I got bogged down with all of the planning (I too used to be a teacher and probably planned TOO much!) and stopped after a few months. Now all the work is done for me! I can't WAIT to get started again... TOMORROW!
ReplyDeleteSuch great ideas! I printed them all out and will have fun trying them out with daughters. I really like the ziploc book, I think that will be a great keepsake too.
ReplyDelete