We have one more activity that you can work on this season with your little ones. We read The Very First Thanksgiving several times the past couple of weeks. The paintings in the book are beautiful, and it tells the story of the Pilgrims, how they came to America, and the first Thanksgiving.
The order of the story starts at the first Thanksgiving and works backwards, so we talked about chronology several times. Save for the fact that E is still convinced the Pilgrims came over on the “Cauliflower” and landed at “Pilgrim Rock” its been successful. The book though got me wishing I had a timeline of events to work through with her, and that’s when I decided to make this:
This timeline is one you can print off and work together after you read through a storybook about the Pilgrims. Just put the pictures in order of the events as they happened, or you could glue them to a sheet of construction paper.
Here are some books about Thanksgiving several of them would work great for this activity. You can buy them through the link, or you can jot down titles and check them out at the library!
I love your Thanksgiving printables! I featured your Thanksgiving Timeline printable in my Montessori-Inspired Thanksgiving Math Activities post at PreK + K Sharing today: http://prekandksharing.blogspot.com/2012/11/montessori-inspiredo-thanksgiving-math-activities.html
ReplyDeleteThis is great! Thanks so much!
ReplyDeletePam
www.overthebigmoon.com
Thanks... we will be using this, this week! :)
ReplyDeleteRose
http://thekidsplacehomedaycareandpreschool.blogspot.com/
Love it! :-)
ReplyDeletethis is so wonderful! how can i print the timeline?
ReplyDeleteWe are currently in the process of moving all our printables to Google Drive. Unfortunately, Amber made this particular printable, so I've forwarded her your message. Hopefully, you'll be hearing from her soon. If not, please send us another email.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your patience.
I really like this timeline, but I also cannot access it! Can it be emailed to me by any chance? I'd like to use it with my preschool class. :)
ReplyDelete