Thursday, December 16

One HUGE Gingerbread House

This week we were planning to re-visit the BIGGEST Gingerbread House we’ve ever seen, but the boy is sick.  [insert pouty lip here] His ear hurt so bad the other day, he kept asking me to kiss it.  I wished my mommy kisses could have fix it.  I hate feeling so helpless, especially when my boy is suffering.

IMG_3876

Anyway, we hope to make it there next week.  Until then, I thought I would leave you with these pictures from last year.  And yes, it is completely edible.

IMG_3869IMG_3885IMG_3886

The gingerbread house is accompanied by an entire gingerbread village and castle. 

IMG_3893
IMG_3871IMG_3884

Here are some fun facts about what goes into building this gigantic gingerbread house. 

  • ½ ton of gingerbread
  • 450 lbs. of flour
  • 2,000 eggs
  • More than 1,600 lbs. of sugar
  • 300 ground coconuts
  • 2,000 lbs. of  Royal icing
  • 800 lbs. handmade candies and lollipops
  • 600 hours, or 25 complete days, to construct - includes baking and candy making
  • Peppermint Stick “North Pole”- 40 lbs. handmade
  • Lollipop Christmas Trees- 125, 12-inch handmade lollipops

Do you have any unique or fun attractions in your area during the Christmas season?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment. If you have a question for me, make sure to leave your email, if it is not located on your profile. I will definitely respond as soon as possible. Thanks for visiting.