Monday, December 6

Must Reads- The Nativity Story

Last week, our unit focused on a popular holiday symbol, the Christmas Tree.  This week we want to focus in on “the reason for the season,” for lack of better wording.  Below are a couple of our favorites books that we have read, so far:

Buy on Amazon.The Animals' Christmas EveAffilation Link. is an oldie, but goodie.  It was originally written in 1977, but had the illustrations updated more recently. It is a sweet rhyming story that can also be used to reinforce counting concepts. In this story a group of animals retells little pieces of the events surrounding Jesus’ birth in the manger. The information in the story is basic, but ideal for younger kiddos.  I really enjoy this book because it was one that used to be read to me as a child. I love being able to share something from my past with my boy.

Buy on Amazon.This is the StableAffilation Link.is a wonderful telling of the Christmas story told in verse. The book touches on each part of the Christmas story--the manger, the watchful animals, the holy family, etc.  To top it off the illustrations are fabulous, not only for the kiddos, but the adults will like looking at them as well.

 

Here are some other favorites:

What books are your reading right now?

This post contains affilated links.  Please click here to read my full disclosure policy.

Questions?  Post questions or comments on our Facebook Page.  You may have the same question as someone else.  If you don’t have a Facebook account, feel free to email us.

2 comments:

  1. I love the book "Room for a Little One." It makes me tear up every time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read that one. I will need to look it up to see if our library has it. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the comment. If you have a question for me, make sure to leave your email, if it is not located on your profile. I will definitely respond as soon as possible. Thanks for visiting.