Thursday, December 15

Why Do We Call It Christmas?

image When I found out that What’s in the Bible was adding a Christmas special I knew that it was one I wanted to watch.  I’ve posted before about how much our household loves this series.

In Why Do We Call It Christmas? Buck Denver and his friends ask questions about some our Christmas traditions.  Why do we cut down trees?  What is the deal with Santa?  Why do we celebrate in December?  They even tackle Hanukkah!   Delicately they walk the line between informative and funny.  Just watch…

Now, our family was sent a copy of the DVD to review courtesy of What’s In The Bible.  So this is my honest opinion!

Here is what we liked about the DVD:

  • It is ENTERTAING!  E has asked to watch this video multiple times this season.  She loves the music, the humor, and the stories.
  • It is INFORMATIVE.  The information in this series may be over E’s head for now, but I like that its truth she’ll grow into.  Plus its full of interesting facts for adults too! 
  • It is FUNNY.  As a teacher I am all about what I like to call “edutainment”.  I love it when E is learning, and she just thinks she is laughing and having fun!  Its so sneaky!
  • Jelly Telly has added some AWESOME resources to help teach your kiddos about Christmas, and they go hand in hand with the DVD! 

What I Would Have Added:

  • I share Madonna’s sentiment about the music.  Songs from previous installments have been stuck in my head for days!  I might have just been missing the Bentley Brothers, as they don’t make an appearance in this one. 

Now, I have some news.  TODAY is the last day you can get a great deal on this series for Christmas!  It really is a huge deal.

image 
 You can get  Volumes 1-5 of Buck Denver Asks...What's in the Bible? plus the Christmas special for just $37.95 plus shipping & processing. (That's nearly 50% off regular prices.)  That is 6 wonderful DVD’s for $8 each, shipped right to your door!  Be sure to take advantage of this great deal!

Amber1

2 Teaching Mommies Review Disclosure:  The featured product for this review was provided to us, at no cost, by What's in the Bible?  All opinions expressed are our own. We are an affiliate, so if you purchase anything through an affiliate link, you give back a percentage to our families…thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment. If you have a question for me, make sure to leave your email, if it is not located on your profile. I will definitely respond as soon as possible. Thanks for visiting.