Saturday, May 14

Snake Mobile

You’ve might have seen these around the world wide web.  The boy and I actually created one last year, but I thought it was the perfect craft to pull out for our Rain Forest week. 

IMG_8554

This is a simple craft with very little prep.  We still have to add our final touches to ours, but painting is always a big hit for my boy.

Materials:

  • paint colors of your choice (or other color medium)
  • paint brushes
  • scissors
  • single hole punch
  • 2 ½‐foot long piece of yarn, any color
  • Paper clip

Optional

  • Googly‐eyes
  • Red yarn glued over tongue

 

IMG_8543

Directions:

  • Print the spiral snake pattern onto the cardstock (or draw your own
    spiral snake pattern on cardstock).

  • Cut along the outside edge and follow the spiral all the way to the center of the design. (Painting first may prevent you from seeing the spiral line, that’s why I suggest to cut it first.  We didn’t do that and I just guess where I was suppose to be cutting.)
  • Paint one or both sides of the snake with color(s) of choice. For more advance kiddos, they can create a pattern on the snake’s body.

IMG_8546   IMG_8550

  • Optional: Glue a piece of red yarn to the snake’s tongue and two googly-eyes to its head.
  • Poke a small hole at the end the snake’s tail.
  • Attach paper clip through the hole.
  • Tie one end of the yarn to the other side of the paperclip.
  • Hang your snake mobile in desired location.

IMG_8551

Have fun creating with your tot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment. If you have a question for me, make sure to leave your email, if it is not located on your profile. I will definitely respond as soon as possible. Thanks for visiting.