This week we will be pulling out our St. Patrick’s Day printables! We have been itching to do this unit. So, to get us started here are some St. Patrick’s Day reads.
St. Patrick’s Day Alphabet,
is best described as a story dictionary. Each page is dedicated to one letter of the alphabet and each letter connects to a symbol of St. Patrick’s Day or Ireland. This is informational text that I probably wouldn’t have picked up at library in person, but I reserve books online. So, when I brought this book home and started looking through it, I thought it wouldn’t be read much, but that was not the case. (I was worried that it would be a bit much for my boy to sit through, but I was so wrong.) I think my son’s favorite part about the book was the letters. He is still into the alphabet and I am not complaining one bit. (The age recommendation for this book is 5-8, but I just had to share it since my son seems to enjoy it so much.)
St. Patrick's Day Countdown
is a perfect book to give a basic introduction to children 3 and under to St. Patrick’s Day. The story counts down from five shamrock patches to three leprechauns to the one pot of gold. The simple text and cartoons will keep young readers interest.
Here are a few other books that might be worth reading:
I was just scrolling through your older posts. I don't have a favorite children's book that I read for St Patrick's day, but we do have a favorite video- Veggie Tales "Sumo of the Opera" which includes the story of St. Patrick. Just an idea for this year.
ReplyDeleteWow, Rikki. Thanks so much for the suggestions! We will definitely have to check those out.
ReplyDelete